The Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival is dedicated to the exhibition of independent, underground, experimental and zero budget films and transmedia projects. The festival endeavors to provide cultural exchange and educational opportunities by bringing a diverse selection of digital storytelling to the area and provide a place for networking between local artists, visiting artists and the public.
STIFF serves up a potent blend of truly indie film and transmedia storytelling - last year's event showcased over 130 films - plus alternative music happenings, wild parties, and after-hours shenanigans. Festival organizers strive to put on a first-rate, smoothly run event and to provide opportunities to help digital storytellers attain their goals, gain distribution, press, or a wider audience for their projects. Artists in ten categories will be honored and take home a "STIFFY" award trophy.
Seattle Transmedia & Independent Film Festival is held at multiple venues throughout Seattle over 9 days filled with screenings, networking opportunities and parties. It is a celebration of off-beat transmedia and independent film from the Northwest and the rest of the world.
Moviemaker Magazine names STIFF as one of the reasons Seattle is the #7 best city to be a filmmaker
The Seattle Times Previews STIFF 2015
The Seattle Weekly STIFF 2015 picks
The Examiner says STIFF is making its move to become one of very few festivals to display a curated selection of Transmedia
The Seattle Gay Scene highlights our LGBTQ program
The Seattle Met says STIFF offers a platform for fresh and unusual narratives that one won’t find anywhere else.
Additional media links
- Idealist http://www.idealist.org/view/nonprofit/XX2bh5W8TJNp/
- Seattle Met http://www.seattlemet.com/articles/2015/4/30/a-fiendish-conversation-with-stiff-will-chase-april-2015
- Seattle Times 2015 http://www.seattletimes.com/2015/04/stiff-indie-film-festival-expands-into-digital-media
- STIFF Website http://www.trueindependent.org
- Filmmaker Magazine 2014 http://filmmakermagazine.com/86012-in-transmediaition-the-seattle-transmedia-independent-film-festival/
- The Stranger 2014 http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/festive/Content?oid=19402108
- Seattle Star 2013 http://www.seattlestar.net/2013/05/stiff-consolidates-itself-for-another-year-of-independent-cinema/
- The Stranger 2013 http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/festive/Content?oid=16638613
- Seattle Times 2009 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2009278704_stiff31.html
- Moby http://www.seattlepi.com/pop/366378_moby10q.html
- Like a Belch http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=37183
- Censorship Flap http://slog.thestranger.com/2007/05/they_saw_the_hump_3_ad_and_completely_fr
- Seattle Times 2007 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/entertainment/2003714027_stiff21.html
- Seattle Times 2006 http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/movies/2003031518_stiff01.html
- STIFF Nights http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/Content?oid=67562